Tribute to Vox
Recently Vox left a kind - Vox always seems kind to me - supportive comment at my site.

I thought it was high-time - beyond high-time - I paid tribute to her for what she's done for me and the tremendous amount over years for this site.

So I did that in reply to her comments. (Here if anyone wants to see what Tracy said first etc: http://corjesusacratissimum.org/2015/11/...ristendom/)

But I think what I said needs stating beyond my com boxes, so I'm publishing it here …

Dear Tracy, your line about my book being a great gift for your secular friends made me _truly_ laugh out loud. Especially if you want to see their hair stand on end … : – )

Seriously though, I appreciate all your support, here and elsewhere.

And here I would like to pay tribute to you.

For those who may not know it, Tracy is the founder/moderator of a traditional Catholic forum called Fisheaters, which has not always had a good reputation in the past as it became embroiled in the often conflicting and sometimes toxic strands of Catholic traditionalism.

To her great credit, Tracy has acted courageously and decisively in the last couple of years to change this situation.

The result is a more gentle traditionalism at FE. (Indeed I see a link between what she is saying there and what I’m trying to say in my book The Gentle Traditionalist.)

But there’s more I want to say.

Tracy is a person of real HEART.

That heart, often unappreciated, is evident in many ways at FE.

It’s evident in the caring sensitivity with which she listens to people there and indeed nurtures them.

It’s evident in her love for humanity – and for the resultant fact that she feels acutely the anomie and horror of modern civilisation.

It’s evident in the fact that she has slaved her guts out for years at this forum, often thanklessly, indeed often with plenty of abuse, and yet, for all that, she remains warm-hearted, funny, brave, enthusiastic, tenacious, intelligent, acute and deeply, deeply kind.

Here is a link to the forum:http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/index.php

You may not agree with everything there. I certainly don’t!

However, there’s a good group of people there now and Tracy deserves to be recognised for the new direction she has steered Fisheaters in …

I am proud to call her my friend.

Messages In This Thread
Tribute to Vox - by Roger Buck - 12-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Re: Tribute to Vox - by Dominicus - 12-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Re: Tribute to Vox - by Dominicus - 12-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Re: Tribute to Vox - by VoxClamantis - 12-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Re: Tribute to Vox - by salus - 12-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Re: Tribute to Vox - by Dominicus - 12-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Re: Tribute to Vox - by Leonhard - 12-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Re: Tribute to Vox - by Bourbon Apocalypse - 12-09-2015, 12:28 AM
Re: Tribute to Vox - by Dominicus - 12-09-2015, 12:55 AM
Re: Tribute to Vox - by Bourbon Apocalypse - 12-09-2015, 01:15 AM