Conversations with my family
So my mother opened up to me today about how she and the rest of my family feel about me. For the most part we are a open family and are able to talk with each other about anything, Which is good. But today I learned some things I didn't know.

My mom told me she and my father are very concerned with my views because I am not like everyone else. Im not "normal" in her words. She says I over analyze media and can't just enjoy it. Well, I don't like most tv and movies because unlike most people I can see the agenda being pushed in it and it usually pisses me off. So naturally I stay away from the movies and television. She thinks this is a problem. Secondly she thinks I'm a religious zealot. She told me that Im wrong to think that people have to go to Church on Sunday. Her defense for this claim was that most people don't and its okay to just go to Church on Saturday. She told me that when her and my father became catholic the RCIA program never told them they have to do that or go to confession so that means that they don't have to. She says that most people are going to heaven because they are good people and we don't need to be strict with our religion. She said the Priests never tell people they have to go to church or any of the stuff I tell her so therefore it isn't true.

Basically her argument is since I'm not like most people or my opinion isn't based on the popular opinion that Im wrong. I told her that truth isn't determined by the popular vote and she disagreed. She said I remind her of people like Timothy McVey or other radical people who do bad things. She quote said "All the stuff you say is book smart stuff but not normal people stuff." WTF does that even mean? Because she sent me to college and pushed me to be a politics major she now wants me to revert to being ignorant about thing again, I can't just un-see the truth. Idk.

i showed her one of those things for examining your conscious and she asked how anyone can go to heaven if we have to follow all these rules. To which I responded that Jesus said the path to heaven is narrow and difficult.

Basically she's a cafeteria catholic to the max. A product of poor catechistic education. A product of the modern Church. I have spent the better half of the last few years trying to 'save' my family in a sense and I learned today that they don't want to be saved.

Popular opinion determine truth.
The world is fine.

So Iv given up. I will let them worry about their own souls and hope God brings them through different means because through me it won't work.

Obviously the conversation was much longer then this and more in-depth but you get the gist. All of it just reminds me of this saying,

“A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, ‘You are mad; you are not like us.'”

+ St. Anthony the Great

Please pray for my family.

Messages In This Thread
Conversations with my family - by DeoDuce - 12-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Sequentia - 12-21-2015, 08:31 PM
Re: Conversations with my family - by DeoDuce - 12-21-2015, 09:59 PM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Ptochos - 12-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by DeoDuce - 12-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Ptochos - 12-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by dahveed - 12-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Ptochos - 12-22-2015, 11:43 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Poche - 12-23-2015, 12:50 AM