Best and Worst: Top 10 Most Inflammatory and Anti-Inflammatory Foods!
(03-28-2016, 09:53 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: The list is good, but it doesn't get into the cost of eating healthy.  It seems, at least where we live, it costs and arm and a leg to eat healthy.  We eat lots of veggies/fruits, stay from pretty much anything that's processed, try to buy organic, and cook our meals ourselves.  But man, you should see our grocery bill, which is averaging about $1,000 a month.  There's something wrong with America when it's much cheaper to eat unhealthy than it is to eat healthy.  Heck, many people can't afford to healthy in this country; it's almost like eating healthy is a privilege/luxury for rich people.  Anyways, I'm just venting.

How many of you are there, and where do you live??

Buying "organic" is alright, when you can afford it, that is.  One thing I've always wondered about "organic" produce--if one grower/farmer is using "organic" methods on his land, what happens to the "organic-ness" if his neighbor isn't doing the same and uses pesticides, herbicides, etc. and the wind blows?? ???

Also, I've read somewhere (please don't ask me where as I don't remember) that eating organic food is NOT necessarily more healthy for you than non-organic food.

Apart from that...yeah...something IS wrong when it costs more to use less.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Best and Worst: Top 10 Most Inflammatory and Anti-Inflammatory Foods! - by J Michael - 03-29-2016, 11:57 AM