First Novus Ordo.... so confused.
Sigh.
I am a longtime former atheist. I grew up in a super liberal area, in a secular household.
By the Grace of God I wondered into an SSPX chapel one day a year ago and my life was completely turned upside down. I had no idea what I just experienced. I literally felt like I had left earth behind. It was Pentecost Sunday, a High Mass. I just remember feeling speechless... stunned... that this existed and I never knew of it before. My faith grew quickly. I eagerly took catechism classes and was baptized.

So a year into my Catholic journey I decided to see what this Novus Ordo was all about. I went to one in my area and it was packed. The only women with a veil on, I felt a bit silly from all the stares. It was mostly older women in their 50s and 60s. I did not see many young families like at my SSPX chapel which is mostly younger folks.
I did not see hardly anyone genuflect before getting in the pew and no one was kneeling before Mass starts. I saw religious statues but despite that it already felt foreign. When "Mass" started the priest Welcomed everyone warmly and invited us all to introduce ourselves to one another by name. From that point on I only saw the priest with any real role, two times. He said the Kyrie Elesion and then he spent maybe entire 3 minutes at the altar during the consecration. The rest of the Mass seemed to be run by Women in pants with no veil.
All in all, it was absolutely nothing like the Mass that I am familiar with. Nothing. It felt like I was at one of those "come as you are" non-denominational churches with projector screens.
So now... when the majority of people I meet say they are Catholic, now I know what they mean. That is Catholicism to them.

Messages In This Thread
First Novus Ordo.... so confused. - by hemolymph - 05-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Re: First Novus Ordo.... so confused. - by Zubr - 05-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Re: First Novus Ordo.... so confused. - by salus - 05-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Re: First Novus Ordo.... so confused. - by Dave01 - 05-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Re: First Novus Ordo.... so confused. - by Pacman - 05-03-2016, 07:28 AM
Re: First Novus Ordo.... so confused. - by Poche - 05-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Re: First Novus Ordo.... so confused. - by Poche - 05-03-2016, 11:27 PM
Re: First Novus Ordo.... so confused. - by Poche - 05-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Re: First Novus Ordo.... so confused. - by Poche - 05-03-2016, 11:41 PM