How to apply the Saint's examples
Just do the best you can according to your particular state in life.  What more can you do anyway?  Just imagine that there are many saintly souls who were never formally canonized,who just quietly went about their life who are now in Paradise.

Personally I do not want extremes of mortification,penance or fasting on the one hand, nor do I want bizarre visions or anything of that nature on the other.  Heck I actually find myself suspicious of anyone (canonized or not) that went to extremes of piety or penance.

Perhaps I'm hopelessly a child of my age and a skeptic,but some stuff from hagiographies even from canonized saints comes off to me as hysterics and mental illness and not holiness. I can't help feeling that way.  I certainly want nothing of those extremes. 

Just to be faithful to your duties as best as you can and getting up when you fall is enough.  Everyone is unique, and God has a path for each of us. We just need to be faithful to grace acting in our lives. 

And if you like you can read about literally thousands of saints, many with totally different paths and tempermants. There are saints stretching back to the apostolic times and from every land and walk in life.

Messages In This Thread
How to apply the Saint's examples - by introvert - 05-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by brogan - 05-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by formerbuddhist - 05-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by brogan - 05-30-2016, 06:57 AM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by Zubr - 06-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by richgr - 06-04-2016, 11:42 PM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by richgr - 06-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by richgr - 06-06-2016, 12:53 PM