How to apply the Saint's examples
In that case, spiritual reading will be your best, consistent help. This website is excellent for reference: http://www.spiritualdirection.com/

And it always doesn't hurt to pray for a good priest to be a regular director or counselor.

Without knowing your situation better, I would at least recommend books on general spirituality rather than anything focused on a particular topic because having a general knowledge gives good balance to dealing with particular issues in the spiritual life. However, if you feel you really need to know about a particular issue, try to pick authors who are known for their clarity and balance in dealing with topics, such as the Saints and great theologians. The works I listed above have been the most helpful for me in giving me a broad understanding of how to live the spiritual life in a balanced way.

A Jesuit once told me that he found consistent, daily reading has been one of the most helpful things for him both intellectually and spiritually. It might be a similar case for you if you can't find a regular guide outside of books and a few trustworthy friends.

Messages In This Thread
How to apply the Saint's examples - by introvert - 05-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by brogan - 05-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by brogan - 05-30-2016, 06:57 AM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by Zubr - 06-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by richgr - 06-04-2016, 11:42 PM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by richgr - 06-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Re: How to apply the Saint's examples - by richgr - 06-06-2016, 12:53 PM