Cardinal Sarah announces Pope Francis asks for "reform of the reform"
(07-07-2016, 01:30 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: I'm curious why Pope Francis, given his liberal proclivities, would request a "reform of the reform"?

Me too, perhaps he has been misjudged or does not want to be pigeonholed into any particular point of view. Witness his odd embrace of Bishop Fellay and his pledge not to hurt the SSPX. Meanwhile the liberal liturgists at places like the "Pray, tell" blog are quite upset about this. They wonder just how Pope Francis will celebrate come Advent and that may be the best question of all.

EDIT: I just noticed a very striking passage in Cardinal Sarah's address:
"At this point I repeat what I have said elsewhere, that Pope Francis has asked me to continue the liturgical work Pope Benedict began (see: Message to Sacra Liturgia USA 2015, New York City). Just because we have a new pope does not mean that his predecessor’s vision is now invalid. On the contrary, as we know, our Holy Father Pope Francis has the greatest respect for the liturgical vision and measures Pope Benedict implemented in utter fidelity to the intentions and aims of the Council Fathers."

http://www.ccwatershed.org/blog/2016/jul...2015-july/

C.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Cardinal Sarah announces Pope Francis asks for "reform of the reform" - by Cetil - 07-07-2016, 08:14 AM