Coulombe on Brexit

I need to re-phrase something in the above - because the way I actually put it is pretty STUPID:

(08-06-2016, 07:32 AM)Roger Buck Wrote: For  I cannot help wondering if a post-Brexit Europe has a (slightly) greater chance of returning to the vision of the men Charles invokes - men like the Archduke Otto von Habsburg, Alcide de Gasperi, and Robert Schuman.

Let me be clear: I realise there is no hope - barring miraculous, extraordinary or apocalyptic scenarios - of such happening in anything like the foreseeable future.

So I guess my real question - both for you Charles and my self - is better phrased by asking if _anything_ is possibly redeemable or justifiable in the EUs continued existence.

Given (the probably very cautious) faith that the Archduke and Pope Benedict appear to have retained in it, is it possible that post-Brexit things might happen that just might open the EU up, even a very little, to some more hopeful possibilities.

In this question, I am particularly interested in the role of Eastern EU countries like Poland and Hungary ...

Messages In This Thread
Coulombe on Brexit - by VoxClamantis - 07-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Re: Coulombe on Brexit - by Roger Buck - 08-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Re: Coulombe on Brexit - by Roger Buck - 08-06-2016, 04:06 PM