Resources for dealing with scrupulosity
(03-05-2017, 05:04 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: My  hunch, as one looking at this problem from the outside, is that focusing on Christ's Love and Mercy would be helpful. Maybe praying the Divine Mercy chaplet could help you.
This is another helpful point. Find a devotion that works for you and stick to it like glue. I would recommend only having a small handful of devotions and committing to them, rather than having a bunch of them. Try some prayers out and see what you gravitate towards. I can't emphasize enough the importance of the Rosary. Praying the Rosary dismantles so many sins in our lives. For me, I stick to that, the Holy Name of Jesus, and wear the Brown Scapular, and I enjoy spiritual reading and following along with the Mass. You may enjoy the Holy Face, Sacred Heart, Five Wounds, or going to Adoration regularly. There are so many to choose from. You may also like various Saint-based devotions, such as the Chaplet of St. Michael.

There's some overlap here because some prayers/devotions are also sacramentals, but I would also stick to a few of those. You may enjoy wearing the Brown Scapular but don't find yourself drawn to wearing the Miraculous Medal. The devotions and sacramentals you are drawn to and focus on are going to help in your holiness, and the ones another person chooses to focus on are going to help them. At the end of the day, they all point to the same Jesus. :)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Resources for dealing with scrupulosity - by In His Love - 03-05-2017, 07:40 PM