The Sunday after Easter Sunday. Novus Ordo style.
(04-25-2017, 03:38 AM)GRA Wrote: To fulfill my Sunday obligation my mother and I attend a local Novus Ordo parish. It is where I was baptized and have spent at least 85% of my Sundays and holiday masses throughout my short life. This past Sunday a week the organist played Alleluia for the Gospel Acclamation. As the song went on the congregation was encouraged to clap along by the deacon and priest. Most did. I did not.

[Image: the-office-20.gif]

This went on for a couple of minutes. The organist played Alleluia for a second time. The rhythmic clapping started again. My mother nudged me and quietly asked, in a somewhat firm voice, why I wasn't clapping. I just closed my eyes and shook my head as the congregation clapped along. It didn't really help that we were sitting in the front and at an angle where everyone could see us. Afterwards the deacon said he saw a few of us not clapping. "It's okay to clap," he said. "Christ has risen from the dead!" After the homily I saw the deacon starring - at me - in a "What's the problem?" look. It's the Novus Horror Show, deacon. That's my problem.

[Image: spelling-bee-winner-excitement.gif]

I like the cut of your jib.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Sunday after Easter Sunday. Novus Ordo style. - by Pacman - 04-25-2017, 07:49 AM