The Dangers of Focusing Only on the Negative in the Church
(05-11-2017, 10:05 AM)GangGreen Wrote: We can even take the example of Church Militant who has gained so much popularity with a show like the Vortex which is almost always negative.
I enjoy their Download program and check their Headlines videos for the news, but what irks me is how they criticize every other outlet that is trying hard to make a positive difference in the Church and the world. They criticize EWTN, The Remnant, etc. The Remnant still gives EWTN the moniker 'Neo-Catholic,' even though Raymond Arroyo and the Papal Posse have been doing a wonderful job on The World Over, not shying away from the current issues surrounding things like Amoris Laetitia.

EWTN's beautiful televised Mass with Latin and sacred hymns, bells, etc? Oh, too bad. It's the Ordinary Form. Those poor, misguided people. They must not know any better (never mind that not everyone has access to the EF, and many, like myself, would attend if they could get to a diocesan/ICK/FSSP EF). Poor things (why do so few see how condescending this is?).

I'm so annoyed by this. I'm at the point where I need to be selective with my news outlets, even Catholic ones, because the negativity is so ridiculous. There are certain groups I pick and choose from or have begun gently phasing out, so to speak. Generally, I stick with EWTN and 1P5, and the occasional Church Militant video.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Dangers of Focusing Only on the Negative in the Church - by In His Love - 05-11-2017, 09:33 PM