Clarity on the rules while praying the Little Office of the BVM
(11-18-2017, 11:18 PM)kunoichi Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 01:45 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 01:34 AM)kunoichi Wrote: The version I use is this one:  https://www.amazon.com/Little-Office-Ble...Src=detail  
With all due respect, and meaning no offence, that is the one I bought by accident and had to buy another to get the 'real' Little Office. It has a wealth of great prayers, but it has very little in common with the Little Office as prayed by monks, priests and laity for centuries, or even with the post-Conciliar 'Little Offices' that have been constructed on the basis of the Liturgy of the Hours and used by many modern Third Orders.

Hmmm.  Maybe I gave the wrong link.  I chose that one because it matched my two previous print Offices the closest.  I had a print pre-VII version by...Carmel Books? I think it was, and then I had the print one that Baronius Press put out.

Well, unless there are two versions of the LOBVM put out by Catholic Way Publishing (since they do use the exact same 'cover' on all their Kindle books) this one has only Prime and Vespers for each day, and prayers from the East, Anglo-Saxon Saints, etc. thrown into the mix.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarity on the rules while praying the Little Office of the BVM - by jovan66102 - 11-19-2017, 12:53 AM