Apostate Vatican II Antipopes praise and practice false religions
(01-03-2018, 09:32 PM)FultonFan Wrote:
Quote:You are not going to be asked at your judgement who was Pope.

Very well put.

One question, though: what, if any, obligation does one have to Pope Francis?  Are we to accept he's a Catholic?  Or does it not matter whether he is ir not?

If the OP and the worst were true (which I don't believe), he's not the Pope due to his grave and serious errors. In such a case we need to act like good Catholics and pray for his conversion and salvation. (Cf. Ez 33.11 : "As I live, saith the Lord God, I desire not the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way, and live.").

If it were normal times, we'd be praying for the Pope, too. We'd also be looking to learn our Faith, deepen it by Scriptural reading and good spiritual works, grow in Virtue, etc.

Whether the Pope is the Pope or not, we'd be doing all those things, and, quite honestly, in such troubling time, it's simply not our job to worry about things. It's a waste of our time, and a great trick of the devil to fill us with pride (thinking somehow we know something that most Catholics, even good theologians, are blissfully unawares) and distract us from actually learning our Faith.

One of the first questions I typically ask a Sedevacantist interlocutor (when speaking, since in writing it doesn't work so well) is I'll bite and discuss, if, and only if, they can name in 30 seconds all of the Apostles (and any alias they had) that Our Lord called during his earthly life (Hint: It's 12). They are allowed one mistake, and this, without, obviously, looking it up.

It's hardly a serious matter of the Faith, but if we're going to presume to wax eloquently on Bellarmine, and quote various local Synods and manuals, give interpretation to Papal Bulls, then determine beyond any shred of a doubt that the Pope has professed clear and undeniable heresy. and we can't even get a basic fact right, or can't even name the 7 Gifts of the Holy Ghost ... methinks we're not focused on what matters.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • aquinas138, jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apostate Vatican II Antipopes praise and practice false religions - by MagisterMusicae - 01-03-2018, 10:28 PM