Anyone a question for an ex-mink farmer?
(01-13-2018, 03:15 PM)cassini Wrote: It is my conclusion that the death that Adam and Eve brought into the world was that of mankind alone. The word 'death' then associated with Original Sin cannot be applied to animals, fish or insects. Consequently my belief that animals cannot be aware of death in the same way as humans. I have had the very sad task of taking a long time pet dog that had lost the use of its legs to a vet to be put down. I cried as it was happening, a human understanding of death. The dog thank God did not know or understand it was being put down or it would have resisted. It did not. God gave all animals a nature sufficient for their survival, no more. Some catch others to kill them, the victims run to avoid being cought. That is it, neither ponders on death itself, that is reserved to mankind. Ever see a heard of antelope after one of them is caught by a lion? They simply continue to graze as though nothing happened, all in a day-in-the-life-of-an-antelope on the plains.

Does it not suggest some cruelty on God's part if he created the prey with the ability to feel the pain of being torn apart and eaten before losing consciousness?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone a question for an ex-mink farmer? - by Melkite - 01-15-2018, 10:32 AM