Chevalier Charles Coulombe on Weirdo Trad Parishes
(01-21-2018, 07:29 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 10:01 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Well, I'm not sure what videos you've been watching, but I'm confused by what you mean about 'a Canadian view'. Charles was born in New York City and, to the best of my knowledge, has lived in the States all his life, now residing in the Los Angeles area. His father's people were French Canadian, but Charles is definitely an American.

Ah, okay. By the way he was describing his family, I thought he was Canadian. But in any event it occurred to me that (perhaps?) Charles holds a similar view to other Canadians. In other words, not really in favor of the American Revolution. But perhaps that's not the way it is in Canada. I have to wonder what the Canadian school history books are like.
Well, they do tend to emphasise the Loyalists who were driven out of the traitorous colonies, and they tend to mention that the US tried to conquer Canada twice, and failed both times. Here's a humourous Canadian view:

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chevalier Charles Coulombe on Weirdo Trad Parishes - by jovan66102 - 01-21-2018, 09:06 PM