Are American Bishops even aware?
(01-20-2018, 03:53 PM)LaudeturIesus Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 03:25 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Nope. As he goes to shake your hand, you drop to one knee, turn his hand, and kiss his ring. Then it's a good idea to move rapidly, in case he brings his hand up and clonks you with the ring. :LOL:

Seriously, that's what I've done in the past. Probably didn't make any liberal Episcopal friends doing it, but, oh well! I honour the Office not the Man.

Sounds about what you have to do.  :D 

I've only been in the presence of the Bishop of Yakima, the Bishop of Baker, and a Bishop Emeritus of a couple different dioceses. I bowed in order to kiss the ring of the Bishop of Yakima, but I wasn't forcefull about it so he just gave me a limpfish handshake.

(01-20-2018, 04:36 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: Keep in mind that kissing a ring is a custom that is completely foreign to the culture this side of the Atlantic. As honorable as your intentions were, it was probably mostly an awkward invasion of personal space for the bishop.

Not according to Archbishop Rummel. I know of someone he slapped really hard because they didn't know that they were supposed to genuflect and kiss his ring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poche's post:
  • jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are American Bishops even aware? - by Poche - 01-26-2018, 03:47 AM