Putting Pope Francis into Perspective
Some of the stuff he says and does are sickening.  I have pretty much completely stopped attending church at all but keep up the Office. I cannot in good faith put myself in communion with Francis. While I love much of the western patrimony i must love it apart from the Roman Church.  Honestly I fail to see how trads or even eccentrics like me are doing anything more than tilting at windmills at times!

I keep to the Office and the Jesus Prayer because I love them, but I must love them as an outsider.  Quite frankly I'm ashamed of the Roman Church, what it's become, and I've got no defense for it.  I cannot defend what it's become.  it's beyond just a bad pope, it's a papally led assault on the Traditions that have only reached their apex with Francis. The papacy will forever remain THE Achilles Heel of the RCC as far as I'm concerned.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Zedta

Messages In This Thread
Putting Pope Francis into Perspective - by Zedta - 01-29-2018, 04:43 PM
RE: Putting Pope Francis into Perspective - by formerbuddhist - 01-30-2018, 03:47 PM