Work on Sunday
(03-02-2018, 10:53 PM)For Petes Sake Wrote: Thank you for taking the time to write all of that. I'm not sure what exactly I would be doing on Sundays because I haven't started yet. I still live with my parents so the income isn't an absolute necessity but my dad says he will definitely not let me sit around at home after I'm finished school.

Not a problem. It will end up being a good way to analyze these things for the future. Now you have the principles to make a judgement on cases yourself, and if it's not clear then you can go talk to a priest about the specific question, perhaps.

I think your best bet here is to ask what kind of work you would be doing on Sundays. Let the golf pro (or manager) know that you have to go to Mass on Sunday (so you cannot come in until X o'clock), and because of that you want to know what the usual Sunday work will be, because you want to bring a proper change of clothes in case you're coming straight from Church.

That's a bit less confrontational than, "what work am I doing, because my Church says I can't do any servile work..."

Sunday work probably is going to be of the wash carts, man the pro shop, clean up the 19th hole, etc. As before, technically that's servile, but custom allowing a round of golf or a visit to a Range on a Sunday for recreation, it justifies as necessary the work that is truly necessary to make that happen.

Still, if you can avoid working on Sunday, that's the better thing.

If it means you miss Mass on Sunday, then, really, you cannot take the Sunday work, so that is something to find out for sure. I would bet that most managers or pros would understand that small request (time to go to Church), and would make the schedule work out for you.

Messages In This Thread
Work on Sunday - by For Petes Sake - 03-01-2018, 07:08 PM
RE: Work on Sunday - by GangGreen - 03-02-2018, 12:16 PM
RE: Work on Sunday - by MagisterMusicae - 03-02-2018, 04:55 PM
RE: Work on Sunday - by For Petes Sake - 03-02-2018, 10:53 PM
RE: Work on Sunday - by MagisterMusicae - 03-03-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: Work on Sunday - by Poche - 03-04-2018, 01:44 AM
RE: Work on Sunday - by For Petes Sake - 03-04-2018, 07:28 PM
RE: Work on Sunday - by Poche - 03-05-2018, 04:18 AM
RE: Work on Sunday - by Poche - 03-04-2018, 04:06 AM