Answering the Historical Jesus and Jesus Mythicist crowd
(03-05-2018, 11:10 PM)GangGreen Wrote: Right. When it comes to the Gospels we know that they were written by the the Apostles or their immediate followers. However, their intended audiences were certainly not the same. They were written for different people of different cultures and preexisting beliefs. That's why certain things were stressed out expanded on in each of the different Gospels.
Peace.....yes, I understand your reasoning.  We can also emphasize more or less on what we like or dont like personally, so the story builds all around that point.  One has to be a very good reader to read between the lines and a very good listener to hear the TRUTH.  (It is a grace to know the difference - My sheep know my voice - in other words!)  When I was young at school, it was my chore to give the weather report for the day and I always emphasized sunny with a bright cheery face and posture and then rainy days with a sad face and downish posture - finally the teacher told me not to do that - and I think this is why - because I gave the impression of what I personally liked and didnt like in the weather.....haha!!  I was only about 10 yrs old...angeltime

Messages In This Thread
RE: Answering the Historical Jesus and Jesus Mythicist crowd - by angeltime - 03-05-2018, 11:16 PM