Chinese space station: Tiangong-1 could crash into Earth and hit Europe next week
Information about its orbit may be seen here: http://www.heavens-above.com/orbit.aspx?satid=37820

Note that whilst anywhere along the path is certainly possible, most of the area under its path is ocean.  As the scientist himself says, “My expectation is that what little of the craft survives the atmosphere will impact the ocean.”  The title is quite sensational, even if technically not incorrect.

I always feel bad too, wishing things like this could be salvaged as historical artefacts.  At the very least though, I hope someone is nearby to get a video of the fireball!  Like this:
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steven's post:
  • Zedta

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chinese space station: Tiangong-1 could crash into Earth and hit Europe next week - by Steven - 03-22-2018, 02:24 PM