Priests I never want to hear....
Interesting but unrelated story. I just finished up the book "Breathing Under Water" by Richard Rohr.

The book was great, not really Catholic, more blended Christian and New Age spirituality, but fantastic about it's treatment of the 12 steps and putting some Christianity back into the 12 steps as opposed to the higher power thing.

I deal with a few people that struggle with addiction and a number of them actually drift away from AA after a while, had a lengthy conversation this weekend, because it's all fluff. I made the analogy that is why the Novus Ordo Church is imploding, the substance (or salt if you wanna go Biblical) just isn't there. However, there are a some folks that are currently successful with there recovery and find Catholic Mysticism like Teresa of Avila, St John of the Cross.

To bring this replay back to the OP, Richard Rohr, lol, in his book he quotes the Gospel of Thomas, I need not say anymore about this conference with respect to Catholicism...
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex

Messages In This Thread
Priests I never want to hear.... - by Magdalene - 07-02-2018, 05:46 PM
RE: Priests I never want to hear.... - by Eric F - 07-02-2018, 06:31 PM
RE: Priests I never want to hear.... - by Poche - 07-03-2018, 12:13 AM
RE: Priests I never want to hear.... - by Poche - 07-04-2018, 05:22 AM
RE: Priests I never want to hear.... - by CaptCrunch73 - 07-03-2018, 06:13 AM
RE: Priests I never want to hear.... - by Jeeter - 07-03-2018, 01:56 PM
RE: Priests I never want to hear.... - by Paul - 07-03-2018, 03:13 PM
RE: Priests I never want to hear.... - by Poche - 07-04-2018, 05:25 AM