I Don't Know Whether to Laugh or Cry
A blog post I wrote a few minutes ago.

Older versions of Blogger have a feature called 'You might also like...' that places thumbnails of older posts below each new post. As I'm reading other blogs, occasionally a title will catch my eye and I'll click on it to read the post.

It was this habit that led me to click on For the Record: Pope Benedict XVI is First Pope to Resign Since Gregory XII from 11 February 2013 on The Eponymous Flower. A I read it, reliving those uncertain days, I came across this statement, 'Expect the next Pope to be Conservative'. The link led me to an article on The Trumpet that laid out all the reasons that Benedict's successor would be a conservative, and indeed went so far as saying, 'In fact, the next pope may be even more conservative, and forceful in his implementation of Catholic doctrine and tradition'.

What a false sense of security! Within a few short months, we knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the new Pope was not only not 'more conservative, and forceful in his implementation of Catholic doctrine and tradition', but that he would do all in his power to destroy both!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe

Messages In This Thread
I Don't Know Whether to Laugh or Cry - by jovan66102 - 01-25-2019, 04:49 PM