Praying for the Salvation of the Deceased (According To Padre Pio)
(01-27-2019, 10:13 AM)FultonFan Wrote: I can’t say that makes any sense to me.  But I’m a layperson, more or less just beginning to acquire true wisdom and knowledge.

To me, your death occurs “in time”, not in eternity.  

Let’s take Voltaire for instance.  He was certainly a major critic of the Church, and I understand it’s the case that he died without the Sacraments, and outside the Church. Can that reality be retroactively changed by our prayers?  If that’s true, it’s certainly news to me.

If that’s true, does it extend to other events in time?  Could we pray for World War 2 to have not happened?  I suspect there’s a serious falsehood and error here.

For the sake of argument, if we can pray that World War 2 never happened, and God granted that request, none of us would ever have any knowledge of World War 2 taking place.  If God can make what has happened unhappen, I imagine it would be impossible for anyone in this world to have an awareness of the change taking place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
RE: Praying for the Salvation of the Deceased (According To Padre Pio) - by Melkite - 01-28-2019, 02:55 PM