Traditional Catholics Unite the Clans (Dr. Marshall and Michael Matt)
(03-24-2019, 09:21 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Myopic, and idealistic? Yeah, maybe that's me. My eyesights gotten worse and I'm an idealist. But so is He.

... "That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

Our Lord wants unity but not without something substantial on which to found it, namely, a unity of principles.

To propose a unity without fundamentally unified principles is to propose a false unity, just as a friendship based on lies.

Listen, I hope for that same unity, but it will be only when there can be a unity of vision and principles, and thus a unity which is worthy of Our Lord, who is the Truth.

If FSSP and SSPX people and priest want to get together to protest an abortion mill and pray outside, or stand up to Fr James Martin coming to town. Great!

The FSSP, however, will never permit an SSPX priest to be deacon at a solemn Mass at the church, for example, nor should they if they think the SSPX schismatic. Their principles woudl never allow such a thing. 

So fine, I'll admit that perhaps some accidental unity on less important topics could be possible, but aside from accidental unity on a few things, there cannot be any real unity until there is a unity of principles.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Traditional Catholics Unite the Clans (Dr. Marshall and Michael Matt) - by MagisterMusicae - 03-24-2019, 11:18 PM