More than a decade old question
(03-22-2019, 11:12 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: God is your Father and your friend. Holy Scripture tells us as much. Where is the issue with you seeing Him as such?

I've noticed that this is one of the most difficult things to reconcile for some Christians who get stuck in the Islamic view of God as just waiting for us to slip up and fall into hell.

What always helps me in times of doubt is a pseudo-quote commonly attributed to St. Augustine

I find remarkable solace in meditating on how Christ didn't just agonize in Gethsemane for humanity as a collective, but in His divine will agonized for each one of us in particular. Christ thought of me and my sins specifically as He bore the cross and met His end on Calvary.

That knowledge provides the image of a God who loves us, not one who actively seeks to damn us.

Have faith in God's will, hope in Christ's mercy, and charity will follow. I highly recommend the Divine Mercy devotion in times of sorrow.[Image: 0a9b9fe52e9ef0a18635c86c71cc49eb.jpg]
[Image: e937a23f593f0713bf5ff4694cebe6b2.jpg]
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Messages In This Thread
More than a decade old question - by Colei - 03-22-2019, 12:48 AM
RE: More than a decade old question - by Augustinian - 03-22-2019, 11:35 PM
RE: More than a decade old question - by Cyriacus - 03-23-2019, 12:11 PM