My son seems to be afraid of crucifixes
(04-26-2019, 08:27 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: My mom said she didn't think such little ones needed to know the crucifixion story, but I can't see leaving that out. There's no Jesus without the cross. 

Something else I've noticed about the little guys... I've been teaching preschoolers in one capacity or another for many years now. The thought of leaving this world to go to heaven is pretty scary. I like to tell them how beautiful heaven is, but I don't go to great lengths about going there. In time. Not yet.

I feel the same way about teaching my kids- no Jesus without the cross. We haven’t really discussed death much though, and honestly I’m not sure he could really understand it. Soon maybe.

Thanks for your suggestions, ladies. He still seems concerned, but now asks to kiss the crucifix every time he lays down for bed or a nap and seems content with that. He’s still working on understanding the concept of prayer. I told him he should talk to Jesus, telling Him what he’s thankful for and asking Him for help when he’s angry or scared. He stood before the crucifix talking to Jesus about his toy cars. He was quiet for a minute, then turned to me and said, “Mommy, Jesus is broken!” I had to explain that while He listens, He rarely speaks in response the way mommy or daddy would. LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux

Messages In This Thread
RE: My son seems to be afraid of crucifixes - by Catherine - 04-29-2019, 09:56 PM