@Zedta: Jason Fung
Oh that's excellent, Zedta! Congratulations. Maintaining a major weight loss isn't an easy thing to do. Dr Fung says there's a 99% failure rate at weight loss maintenance, and I'm a prime example of that. I lost 30 lbs a few years back, then gained it all back plus a little more. It's a hormonal thing, insulin resistance. Intermittent fasting (say 1 or 2 meals per day) appears to be the fastest way to reset a broken metabolism. I'm not on any medications, so it should be fine. Wish me luck! I just ordered his book, "The Complete Guide to Fasting".

When you say it's not for everyone, that's true. Pregnant and nursing moms and children shouldn't be fasting. Diabetics who are on insulin should definitely be monitored as their insulin levels could dip waaay too low. But that's actually good because the doctor should be able to take them off the meds. 

But even just keeping to 3 meals a day without snacking can make a big difference for some people, especially younger people with better metabolisms.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • St.Eliza

Messages In This Thread
@Zedta: Jason Fung - by JacafamalaRedux - 08-01-2019, 08:45 AM
RE: @Zedta: Jason Fung - by Zedta - 08-01-2019, 11:09 AM
RE: @Zedta: Jason Fung - by JacafamalaRedux - 08-01-2019, 03:48 PM