Pray for me, I'm depressed, and lonely
(08-18-2019, 06:29 AM)filiusmariae Wrote: I've been depressed for the past months because I no longer know my purpose here. It seems all is futile. I've been very busy in my search for job and when I did find a job and thought I will be settling down, I realized I neglected my closest friends.. And now I'm lonely as well because of this.

I've made friends at my new job but they will never replace the friendships I've neglected. Also, one of my coworkers who has been close to me is thinking to leave our company and he doesn't know that I know and all I can do is to pray silently that whatever difficult situation he is in will be resolved so that he doesn't have to leave ...

When you start to feel depressed, say in your head "Begone depression" aka "Begone Satan, do not suggest to me thy vanities, evil are the things thou profess, drinketh thou thy own poison" (St Benedict's medal) wear a St Benedict's medal if not already (I carry one with me on my Rosary beads I just put in my pocket).

I think it's important to recognize that depression is often a demonic oppression by the enemy the same as temptation.

I'm fortunate to have a close family, so my siblings are my close friends and therefore I don't need any close friends outside of that because I've always got my brother and sisters and my family, unfortunately not everyone has that (And even that will not last forever, we all die) with other people it can be more difficult, nevertheless, there is always hope, it just depends what you get fixated on, and when you get fixated on depressed thoughts, that's the enemy oppressing you, which will be the cause of your sanctification and strengthening when you recognize it and fight against it.

Hope this helps and God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pray for me, I'm depressed, and lonely - by josh987654321 - 08-25-2019, 11:19 PM