My first attempt at Bibliomancy
(09-04-2019, 04:32 PM)Zedta Wrote: While I do not personally practice this rather foolish exercise in desultory, it does mesh well with the Protestant types who place huge weight of Dogma on mere verses or even phrases of Biblical text. If you aren't interested in more than a few words of wisdom, without the context of those words, you'd fit right in at any Baptist meeting, but, respectfully, not in Catholic circles.

Yes, because I tried Bibliomancy for the first time, which I just found out from this very trad website, that makes me a foolish Protestant, uninterested in the full wisdom and context of the Bible, who must be excluded from Catholic circles. 

Perhaps, the "you" in this comment isn't directed at me personally, but I can't help but feel included in the snark of this condescending comment. There are many ways to dissuade people from engaging in practices you deem harmful or wrong without being so condescending.

And for what it's worth, Baptists would most likely consider Bibliomancy sorcery, so I don't know why you have to include them in your snark.
Omnia et in omnibus Christus

Messages In This Thread
RE: My first attempt at Bibliomancy - by Zedta - 09-04-2019, 04:32 PM
RE: My first attempt at Bibliomancy - by whitewashed_tomb - 09-04-2019, 06:29 PM
RE: My first attempt at Bibliomancy - by Florus - 09-04-2019, 07:05 PM
My first attempt at Bibliomancy - by SeeTheLight - 09-04-2019, 07:35 PM
RE: My first attempt at Bibliomancy - by Florus - 09-05-2019, 11:55 AM