Tasting notes from my travels in American Christianity
(10-12-2019, 09:57 PM)josh987654321 Wrote: My only option is N.O. or Protestantism and I could never go Protestantism, since if Christ is not there truly present body, blood, soul and divinity in the Holy Eucharist there would be no point even going IMO.

God Bless You

You can also try to change the N.O.  I have had some luck doing this, albeit very slowly and frustratingly.  I would like to discuss this further and even make a thread about what I've been able to accomplish, but I know for a fact that too many people in my area that I know personally lurk here, and so I don't want to give myself away.  Kind of a tough situation.

Anyway, one tip:  Propose the N.O. in Latin and ad orientem.  Don't go right for demanding the TLM with all the fixin's.

Also, just to be clear: I do like some Orthodox stuff and think it can be beautiful.  In general, I do not.  However, my personal opinion is irrelevant to the point that Orthodox art, in the Byzantine style, is purposefully off putting.  Even if one were to disagree, that is not the intention of the artists.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tasting notes from my travels in American Christianity - by Imperator Caesar Trump - 10-12-2019, 10:09 PM