Tasting notes from my travels in American Christianity
(10-12-2019, 10:09 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: You can also try to change the N.O.

That's the plan. :)

(10-12-2019, 10:09 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Anyway, one tip:  Propose the N.O. in Latin and ad orientem.  Don't go right for demanding the TLM with all the fixin's.

That's just the thing though, Latin is probably the least issue I have, as it's all about the reverence toward Christ's real presence in the Holy Eucharist that matters to me, I don't know Latin anyway and can only make the sign of the cross in Latin. It's the lay people as Eucharistic Ministers (always used and there are certainly no 'extraordinary' circumstances) and receiving in the hand etc treating it all like common food that is the biggest problem. Once reverence is restored back to Christ's real presence in the Holy Eucharist everything else will follow naturally IMO.

(10-12-2019, 10:09 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Also, just to be clear: I do like some Orthodox stuff and think it can be beautiful.  In general, I do not.  However, my personal opinion is irrelevant to the point that Orthodox art, in the Byzantine style, is purposefully off putting.  Even if one were to disagree, that is not the intention of the artists.

Yea I never knew that and was wondering why the images looked the way they do, but some of it is still very beautiful IMO, just personal preferences I suppose. :)

God Bless You
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • LionHippo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tasting notes from my travels in American Christianity - by josh987654321 - 10-12-2019, 11:00 PM