Fr. Thomas Weinandy on "Pope Francis and Schism"
(10-12-2019, 10:26 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Except for the fact that without the Church, we're all going to hell. All of us. We're not supposed to be worried. But we are supposed to keep the Faith.

Guidance, yes and she still does. Comfort? Well, yes if it's in the hope of Heaven. I don't think the Holy Family had much comfort. Are we better than them that our families should have it easier?

The point I am at right now is questioning the integrity of the visible Church, to be honest.  I did not come to this point lightly or without great reflection.  So to me, even the concept of salvation, heaven and hell rests upon the proceedings of the institutional, visible Church.  I'm just keeping it simple: for me, it depends on what changes after this Amazon Synod.  I had to put a line somewhere, and this is what I chose.  A case can already be made that over the last 50 years, the visible, institutional Church is so fractured from the previous centuries of her history that effectively, there is no continuity of tradition or teaching.  I do not subscribe to any theory rejecting Francis as Pope, or that a remnant apart from the visible, structural Church is going to carry on the faith - that is essentially what most non-Catholics already believe they're doing. 

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the Church today acts like a human institution with no supernatural origin or guidance.  Like I said, plain, visible reality has led me to this conclusion.  I didn't go looking for conspiracies or trying to find a reason to leave or question the faith.  But after several years of constant confusion in the Church, it's the conclusion I've come to unless proven wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LionHippo's post:
  • Fionnchu

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fr. Thomas Weinandy on "Pope Francis and Schism" - by LionHippo - 10-12-2019, 10:56 AM