Prayers, Advice, Encouragment?
(10-14-2019, 10:44 AM)Steven Wrote: I will certainly pray for you.  I am so sorry that this has happened to you and your family.  sad Heart

In answer to your question, flatly in the negative, it is definitely not the ordained will of God for someone to forsake his vows in a sacramental marriage.  Yet there may not be too much you actively can do either to prevent it if he is resolute, other than praying fervently for him and remaining true to your own vows regardless of his infidelity to his own.  That example of yours will give a strong and wonderful witness to the faith to your children.

Another thing I would encourage you is please to not try to internalise this and handle it on your own.  Surrender to divine providence is important, but it neither contradicts nor negates our emotional and interpersonal needs as humans.  It is not wrong to seek counsel, reassurance or support from those around you -- preserving in charity at all times, of course -- as if it somehow undermines your purported trust in God.  Christ wept in the garden as an example for those who are betrayed and suffering, both of the legitimacy of human emotion and also as the proper way to manifest it whilst remaining wholly united and docile to God's will.

If you haven't already, I would suggest speaking to your parish priest or another trustworthy confessor.  He will be able to give you guidance both spiritually and practically in both the short and long term.
Thank you kindly. I will take your advice.

Messages In This Thread
Prayers, Advice, Encouragment? - by Tambourine - 10-14-2019, 09:23 AM
RE: Prayers, Advice, Encouragment? - by Steven - 10-14-2019, 10:44 AM
RE: Prayers, Advice, Encouragment? - by Tambourine - 10-14-2019, 07:38 PM