Holy Days if no TLM: Plan B?
You got a job. Say, one of the caring professions where a lot of people rely on you, not a temp or sub, to be there well before the official start of your assigned shift to set up and prep. And/or, no TLM near home or workplace. No OF evening masses the vigil before that day of obligation count, I am assuming; at least in my Archdiocese. I can't figure this discrepancy out, btw, even in post V2 observance. But said holy day, there's no more services held than any other weekday, at any NO parish. Discrepancy ditto. 

Your hours and commute in said vast Archdiocese limit your attendance options (very few EFs even on Sunday in this megapolis, most populous of American dioceses) to no TLM within your timeframe or traffic predicament, and even that local OF may not be feasible. What then, in terms of the First Commandment?

And, as some of you vow never more will you attend the Novus Ordo, what if your go-to Sunday TLM parish does not offer a weekday or holy day service? If under such circumstances as I detailed, how do you reconcile your obligation with the lack of EF masses, if OF is within range?

I feel guilty if I'd either not take one for the Decalogue team and get thee me to a local parish if necessary or excuse my obligation by my "private judgement" making me feel like one of PF's Pharisees.

Reason is I was chastised by a confessor for not meeting my duty this past summer, the last holy day. I'd left for work before dawn and returned near midnight. I may have to work days and nights, alternately at two sites, with commutes that may be 3 or 3.5 plus hours daily. He asked me why. I work two jobs, I replied. Do you have to?, he inquired. Yes, I answered. 

P.S. I'm newish here so I looked for this topic in the forum search but oddly not even "Holy Days" resulted in any hits. Thanks for your guidance.  Blessed Hallows Eve + Day, and All Souls.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)

Messages In This Thread
Holy Days if no TLM: Plan B? - by Fionnchu - 10-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Holy Days if no TLM: Plan B? - by Augustinian - 10-30-2019, 11:23 PM
RE: Holy Days if no TLM: Plan B? - by jovan66102 - 10-30-2019, 11:39 PM
RE: Holy Days if no TLM: Plan B? - by Fionnchu - 10-31-2019, 05:06 PM
RE: Holy Days if no TLM: Plan B? - by Augustinian - 10-31-2019, 05:16 PM
RE: Holy Days if no TLM: Plan B? - by Augustinian - 11-01-2019, 07:00 PM
RE: Holy Days if no TLM: Plan B? - by Augustinian - 11-02-2019, 10:17 AM