From Rorate: The Mother of God and Pachamama: The Sign of the Church in Crisis
(11-01-2019, 09:56 AM)antiquarian Wrote: I'm a relatively new revert who a year ago was going to a New Age church and is now thinking "this is where I came in."

If I may be allowed a couple of potentially stupid questions: 
  • What are we supposed to say now to Protestants who claim that we worship idols? 
  • If the First Commandment is optional in the minds of high-ranking clergy, what does that say about the rest of the Commandments?

Vox addressed your first question. I'll say something about your second question.

The Old Testament (and New) is a continual lesson in the failures not only of God's chosen people but most specifically the leaders He chose for them. If we learn anything, it is that when the king is corrupt, the whole nation suffers for it. As there were high priests in Our Lord's time who were so blinded by their sin and arrogance, that they killed God Himself, the long-awaited Messiah, so in our time there are high priests of the New Covenant who crucify Our Lord, uncrown Him, as Abp. Lefebvre says, and make a mockery of His holy religion.

The Commandments still apply to everyone whether those whose very mission and purpose is to uphold and teach them fail to do so in the most conspicuous of ways.
[-] The following 2 users Like piscis's post:
  • antiquarian, dahveed

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Rorate: The Mother of God and Pachamama: The Sign of the Church in Crisis - by piscis - 11-01-2019, 01:36 PM