Clerical celibacy, Eastern defense
(01-25-2020, 12:08 PM)Momarchist Wrote: I am wary of opening up clerical celibacy being a Trojan horse for women in the diaconate & priesthood as well.

You made several good points in there.... The first here though is my main concern albeit I think the real goal is the contraception issue. The promise of sexual pleasure is REALLY effective at sedating the masses. Removing the contraception ban would be a huge step in silencing the opposition.

(01-25-2020, 01:38 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: Believe me, if the Orthodox haven't considered women's ordination not the High Anglicans I was with, married clergy won't lead there ;)

Well, not quite. The Catholic Church is like the biggest baddest T-Rex a hunter could come across. Taking it out to mount its head on the wall is a really seductive thought / trophy for that resist it. The Orthodox and others are either too small in number to present a problem or as in the case of Russia to well protected by a guy not afraid to pull the trigger (Vladdy Putin). The western world would on average prefer to usurp our influence, twist it, and use it for their own devices. This COULD be a gateway to doing so....
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
[-] The following 1 user Likes divinesilence80's post:
  • antiquarian

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clerical celibacy, Eastern defense - by divinesilence80 - 01-29-2020, 07:17 PM