Divine Mercy Chaplet and Offering the Divinity
I agree Sacrifice is only offered to God. Trent expressly rejects the idea that the Holy Sacrifice is only that Christ is given to us to eat in Holy Communion. That's absolutely false. The Sacrifice of the Mass is the Propitiatory Sacrifice of His Body and His Blood that Jesus Christ Himself Sacrificed to the Father in the First Mass with His Apostles, Whom He made Priests, and then on the Altar of the Cross.

But the issue here is the spiritual sacrifice is offered only to the Eternal Father. So, isn't it clear that it's not a question of Christ offering Himself to us (which, at best, could be called "sacrifice", only in an analogous way, and perhaps not even that;Sacrifice, as we know, is offered only to God.), but of Christ through us offering Himself to the Father? St. Peter in the Bible tells us Catholics to often make spiritual sacrifices to God, as the Catechism of Trent explains: "Especially is this name given to the just who have the Spirit of God, and who, by the help of divine grace, have been made living members of the great High-Priest, Jesus Christ; for, enlightened by faith which is inflamed by charity, they offer up spiritual sacrifices to God on the altar of their hearts. Among such sacrifices must be reckoned every good and virtuous action done for the glory of God." Spiritual sacrifices of the Body and the Blood come under this.

Regarding, "the new and unique statement of offering the Divinity of Christ to the Father", doesn't Theology also teach only God could have redeemed us? That's Christ Blood made perfect Propitiation and complete Satisfaction for our sins precisely because He was God, and as no creature, even His Immaculate Mother, ever could? So how is it that in offering His Body and Blood to the Father, the Son did not also offer His Divinity and His Soul to the Eternal Father? I cannot think right now if there is any other prayer, Magister, that uses Divinity. I'll look it up later on.

We know the Council of Trent has taught the Eucharist is the whole Christ, "in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist, are contained truly, really, and substantially, the body and blood together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and consequently the whole Christ" http://www.thecounciloftrent.com/ch13.htm

My argument, in brief, would be:

Major: It is good to perpetually offer as a spiritual sacrifice the Body and Blood of Jesus to the Eternal Father (as proven from St. Peter the Apostle in Scripture and the Catechism of Trent above)
Minor: But the Soul and Divinity of Christ are concomitantly present with His Body and His Blood; the whole Christ is offered to the Father in Sacrifice, as the price of the propitiation of our sins (only God, because of His Divinity, could redeem us and atone for our sins; thus it is important not only that Blood was Sacrifice to the Father, but that God the Son's Blood was Sacrificed, rather than that of a mere creature)
Conclusion: Therefore, it is good to perpetually offer as a spiritual sacrifice the Body and the Blood of Jesus, together with His Soul and His Divinity, to His Eternal Father and ours.

Your thoughts on that? God Bless.
Rosary Crusade to end Abortion: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/

"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your Most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Divine Mercy Chaplet and Offering the Divinity - by XavierSem - 02-05-2020, 05:51 PM