Prayer Unceasing
I just pray Morning and Evening Prayer from my Old Orthodox Prayerbook and on Sundays add the Canon of Pascha during the Morning Prayer. The rest of the time it's just the Jesus Prayer and various inner conversation with God, the various saints I'm devoted too, or making signs of the cross. I'll bless my food and drink with a cross and a prayer.  I carry a Lestovka in my pocket at all times; maybe you've got a Chotki or a Rosary. Nothing particularly special.  

You just have to try to live as if your faith is not just something you do on a Sunday, but something that spills into your whole life.  It's a journey and a challenge.  I suppose anymore I don't look for or even want any special state, I just want to have the discipline and the faith to keep up a life of prayer for whatever time I've got left.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian

Messages In This Thread
Prayer Unceasing - by everbecoming2007 - 02-04-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: Prayer Unceasing - by Augustinian - 02-04-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: Prayer Unceasing - by formerbuddhist - 02-04-2020, 06:44 PM
RE: Prayer Unceasing - by Augustinian - 02-04-2020, 11:09 PM