What was your religious background?
(02-08-2020, 10:57 AM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: "I wish I could find data on this in the wider trad movement. How many of us were raised Catholic, how many in the post-V2 era, and how many have reverted or laterally moved to TLM as well as converted?"

Perhaps someone would draw up a poll.

From what I understand, doing even a poll of the traditional Catholic movement would be expensive and time consuming.  The problem is how decentralized the movement is.  Many TLM communities don't have websites, are not easily found, etc.  In order to get an accurate sample, you'd need to find as many communities as you can to select your representative sample from.  It wouldn't be an easy task.  The so-called "Official Traditional Catholic Directory," which is not official and is run by Sedevacantists, appears to be the most comprehensive listing of TLMs out there (they include non-Sedevacantists in the list but warn against attending them) but a researcher would still need to verify the accuracy and completeness, or near-completeness, of their list.  They'd then have to make contact with each community and try to get a list of members or attendees in order to draw their representative sample for the poll.  Time and money, in other words.  Lots of time and money, in fact.  That's why there isn't any solid data on the traditional Catholic movement and won't be for quite a long time.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Fionnchu

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was your religious background? - by SeekerofChrist - 02-08-2020, 11:22 AM