How to use the 1962 TLM hand missal
I still have my well-worn copy of the 1959 ed., " St. Joseph Daily Missal" that my mother gave me on my Confirmation, by Cardinal Timothy Manning on November 21, 1963.

Oh how I long for the return to God's language! How I struggled while studying to be an Altar Boy,

The Confiteor:

"Confiteor Deo omnipotenti, beatae Mariae semper Virgini, beato Michaeli Archabgelo, beato Joanni Baptistae, sanctis Apostolis Petro et Paulo, omnibus Sanctis, et tibi, Pater: quia peccavi nimis cogitatione, verbo, et opere (strick breast three times) mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Ideo precor beatam Mariam semper Virginem, beatum Michaelem Archangelum, beatum Joannem Baptistam, sanctos Apostolos Petrum et Paulum, omnes Sanctos, et te, Pater, orare pro me ad Dominum Deum nostrum."

Priest: "Misereatur vestri omnipotens Deus, et dimissis peccatis vestris, perducat vos as vitam aeternam." [Interesting here, the priest says; "May Almighty God have mercy on you, forgive you your sins, and bring you to everlasting life". You and your, not us.]

Ya, lots of other things changed by Vat II. But I better not get started... :(
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to use the 1962 TLM hand missal - by Zedta - 02-16-2020, 07:14 PM
RE: How to use the 1962 TLM hand missal - by Paul - 02-16-2020, 08:55 PM