'Why everybody, everywhere, is taking vitamin C'
(05-11-2020, 10:36 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 07:04 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 05:33 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: You can still get high doses by eating stuff like citrus fruits and even peppers.
While I do agree that eating fruits and veggies is a great source of vitamin C, in this case, you'd have to eat a whole orange tree's worth of oranges to get the first dose, since the average orange only has about 70 mg of vitamin C.
Is there any value in taking excessive doses? I thought the body could only process a fixed amount and you just pee out any excess?
That is true and also why when using therapeutic doses, one must use the higher dose but limit the length of time that huge amount is taken. It is the level of Vitamin C maintained in the bloodstream for a sufficient length of time to neutralize the viral load. It usually can take about a couple of weeks or so and then you tapper back, over another couple of weeks, to the common dose of 1 or 2 gms per day as a maintenance dose.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Why everybody, everywhere, is taking vitamin C' - by Zedta - 05-12-2020, 12:06 AM