Primacy of conscience and following the Pope
(06-07-2020, 03:47 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I haven't checked my PM's lately. That being said I'm glad you got some clarity on Hoffman. He's certainly got a "no holds barred" interesting take.

Yeah, it's definitely interesting. I don't agree with everything he teaches so far (just finished the first, lengthy, chapter), as he tends to try and implicate every single pope since the Renaissance in the hierarchical corruption without much recourse to simple human ignorance. For example, he criticizes Pope St. Pius X (writing "saint"; which is...a little upsetting) as failing to do anything about usury in the Church with the 1917 Code of Canon Law, but doesn't really give any break on whether the Pope was even aware of it constituting usury. The same can be said of his criticism of Leo XIII's condemnation of freemasonry without exposing the Talmudic-Kabbalistic roots of the society; again, Pope Leo may not have had knowledge of these origins, I know I didn't until I took the time to research it.

That said, his critical take on modern "traditionalism" and the hypocrisies present within it, is very welcome.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • LionHippo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Primacy of conscience and following the Pope - by Augustinian - 06-07-2020, 04:00 PM