Archbishop Viganò: Is Vatican II “Untouchable”?
(10-03-2020, 09:46 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 09:39 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 07:58 PM)Bombero Wrote: It is untouchable in the sense that reversion would cause a massive schism where probably 80% of the "faithful" will breakaway to form the Modernist Catholic Chuch.
So be it then. Better to finally sever the heretics from the True Church than to limp along in utter confusion.

I find myself in agreement with this sentiment.  It will be a painful and bitter process but a necessary one, I think.  The heretics and liberals in the Church will not be converted by "dialogue" or "accompaniment" or whatever the latest name is for lukewarm teaching and preaching.  Perhaps the stark choice of remaining true to the Faith or following Vatican II in a schismatic "church" might just cause a few (and probably only a few) to awaken from their stupor and realize the errors of the last 60 years.  And, regardless, the Church can finally begin to recover from this dark period.

Well we can look at the Old "Catholics" and Anglican/Episcopalians to get an idea of how it would fare...I'd give it 50 years tops.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • SeekerofChrist

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archbishop Viganò: Is Vatican II “Untouchable”? - by austenbosten - 10-05-2020, 12:50 AM