Priest Points To Generational Spirits
(12-03-2020, 08:19 PM)Matas Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 07:14 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Oh, and, having been in lots of places in the world, even some far reaches, the modern generational spirits idea seems to be quite popular in Charismatic Catholic circles in the U.S. and no as much in other places.

That's my experience, limited as it is.  I think you are making a good point by insisting that someone "show where" the concept of generational spirits are written about in the long history of the Catholic Church.  They can't.  But isn't that how it is with Charismatic Renewal?

I think what makes me willing to consider more evidence and not simply dismiss is Fr Ripperger. He's a smart man and while he has some issues (he tends to be a rigorist in moral theology, for instance), if he's pushing the idea, I am hesitant to merely dismiss it. I can't imagine he'd not have found a traditional source, perhaps even very old.

If so, I'd like to know it, and be shown to have been too harsh on this and correct myself.

If he hasn't, then I worry about recommending him in the other matters in which he seems to be good.

I really just want some good traditional evidence of solid spiritual authors from the past addressing the matter, and the terminology isn't so important. I'm happy with the general concept from a Catholic source pre-20th century, or even a source of unquestionable orthodoxy from the first half of the 20th century.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
Priest Points To Generational Spirits - by Zedta - 11-25-2020, 12:06 PM
RE: Priest Points To Generational Spirits - by MagisterMusicae - 12-03-2020, 09:38 PM