Best-Selling Devotional Has Prayer to 'Help Me to Hate White People'
(04-08-2021, 11:20 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:47 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: And liberal Christianity is very big on downplaying an actual afterlife, or any focus on one, in favor of saving the world now.

Perhaps liberal Christianity is not Christianity at all:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moralistic...utic_deism

I fully agree.  One need only read the writings of liberal Christians like the late Marcus Borg or the Episcopal "bishop," John Shelby Spong.  For these liberal thinkers, God is an immanent force (that is, non-personal) in the universe, Jesus is God only in a metaphorical sense, the Trinity is reduced to metaphor that is used mostly because it is traditional language, etc.  At the very least, one must believe in the Holy Trinity and Christ as the Incarnation of God the Son to be considered Christian.  It is my understanding that Mormon baptisms are invalid because they don't believe in the Trinity and so are baptizing in the name of a different divinity.  Liberal Christians baptize in the name of a metaphor and worship some impersonal divine force.  Like the Mormons, they took their heresies off the deep end and have apostatized.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 4 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Anon777, Augustinian, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, SacraCor714

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best-Selling Devotional Has Prayer to 'Help Me to Hate White People' - by SeekerofChrist - 04-08-2021, 04:09 PM