Looking for a Clementine Vulgate
(04-10-2021, 04:52 PM)PangeLingua Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 03:04 AM)SeeTheLight Wrote: This is a nice bible a little pricey but has the DR and Clementine Vulgate side by side.

https://www.baroniuspress.com/book.php?wid=56&bid=50#tab=tab-1

It really depends on what one wants to achieve.

If somebody wants to improve Latin reading skills, it is certainly much better to read Latin, not English :-)

When you have the translation available on the opposite page, and you encounter a more difficult fragment in the Latin test, you will be tempted to simply read the translation - and this is precisely what you want to avoid at all costs. Personally I do not have strong enough will to resist such temptations, therefore I avoid books with side-by-side translation like a plague.

You have to learn how to handle difficult fragments by parsing them on your own - there is no other way.

I appreciate your input and knowledge however I own this bible and love it. I admit I am not fluent in latin but I have little doubt I'll have no problem getting a grasp with this edition. I guess I learn things different from other folks. Either way it was a suggestion and one I thought would be a good one. God Bless.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio

Messages In This Thread
Looking for a Clementine Vulgate - by IudicaMe - 04-08-2021, 10:11 AM
Looking for a Clementine Vulgate - by SeeTheLight - 04-10-2021, 03:04 AM
RE: Looking for a Clementine Vulgate - by SeeTheLight - 04-13-2021, 03:37 AM