Eastern Saints and Eastern Catholics
(04-14-2021, 04:57 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:26 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: Any chance there's an English version of the synaxarion?  It'd be interesting to examine, not merely to confirm the canonization of a particular saint but perhaps in its own right.

Not a full synaxarion, but here is a pdf of the Calendar of Saints observed by the UGCC.

http://archeparchy.ca/wcm-docs/docs/Church_Calendar.pdf

Thank you, Jovan.  Looks like Constantine shares a feast day (May 21) with his mother.  I'm assuming the "Holy" in front of the person's name is an Eastern way of saying "Saint," correct?  If so, the UGCC has him on their list of saints.  That's good enough for me (as far as calling him "St. Constantine," since I'm sure this canonization occurred pre-schism, under the pre-schism form for canonization.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 2 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eastern Saints and Eastern Catholics - by SeekerofChrist - 04-14-2021, 05:14 PM