Why are Evangelical Christians Obsessed with Israel?
(11-06-2021, 09:15 PM)Lavenderson Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 03:20 PM)Username1 Wrote: you should be careful with how much stock you personally put in these quotations. At least a couple of them commit you to the idea that the Old Testament authors were different religions from each other. These are of course revisionist writers. I do agree that rabbinical Judaism and Christianity are both rival claimants to be in continuity w/ 2nd temple Judaism and cannot both be true. That is a good point. Our Lord cannot both be and not be the Messiah.
Not the Old Testament, but the authors of the torah versus the talmud were most certainly of different religions, and I doubt the talmud or pharisees sprang out of nowhere.

Well, that’s not really what you cited though. The authors you cited are very clear. They believe that pre-exilic and post-exilic Judaism are different religions— and that means the biblical canon is by authors of different religions. And I think there’s probably a lot more to unpack that informs your approach and mine differently, but I’ll leave it at that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are Evangelical Christians Obsessed with Israel? - by Username1 - 11-12-2021, 10:26 PM