Catholic Work Ethic Vs. Protestant Work Ethic
Here is a question for those more learned of this than I am. If I asked this before, it's been a long while and I need my memory refreshed.

What is the difference between the "Protestant Work Ethic", which American society operated under since it's inception, and the "Catholic Work Ethic" which was replaced long ago?

I ask this since most folks, including most Catholics, have no idea what both of them are. Nor do they know why we should favor and practice the Catholic Work Ethic over the Protestant one.

Nor do they know the Calvinist roots of the Protestant Work Ethic - - that is, if I'm not remembering it wrong.

Hopefully this can be put in an a-b-c style fashion due to the reduced comprehension skills so many Americans and others suffer under.

I would see this as an exercise of one of the Spiritual Works of Mercy - - "instructing the ignorant". That includes myself. I'm not exempting myself at all from this, which is why I'm asking this.

Any help is appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes HailGilbert's post:
  • arnaud

Messages In This Thread
Catholic Work Ethic Vs. Protestant Work Ethic - by HailGilbert - 05-13-2022, 08:38 PM