Pope Thumps Protestants

Let's fight these yokels. Show em how to read the Bible. Too easy. Learn to do it with the Douay-Rheims; also, learn how with the KJV, and even the NIV (they can be beaten with even their own mutilated Bible).

Learn the history. Be able tor recall it on demand.

There's no Google in the middle of a conversation.

Learn how to fight these heresies!
Here's a good resource:

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

I'm glad the Holy Father is taking this so seriously. It breaks my heart to read how many people are being led away. Someone posited to me that the Protestants' blessing of contraception is a big lure, but I've never read a really good analysis of the reasons so many have left.
Rich,

My contention is that Protestantism is more about love of self and making up one's God more than seeking Truth. This can be dangerous for someone who isn't properly catechized and is led astray, such as many in the Philippines and Latin America, the Middle East, etc.

2 Timothy 3:
Quote:1 Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times. 2 Men shall be lovers of themselves, covetous, haughty, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, wicked, 3 Without affection, without peace, slanderers, incontinent, unmerciful, without kindness, 4 Traitors, stubborn, puffed up, and lovers of pleasures more than of God: 5 Having an appearance indeed of godliness, but denying the power thereof. Now these avoid. 6 For of these sort are they who creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, who are led away with divers desires: 7 Ever learning, and never attaining to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Mambres resisted Moses, so these also resist the truth, men corrupted in mind, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no farther; for their folly shall be manifest to all men, as theirs also was.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, patience, 11 Persecutions, afflictions: such as came upon me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra: what persecutions I endured, and out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 And all that will live godly in Christ Jesus, shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall grow worse and worse: erring, and driving into error. 14 But continue thou in those things which thou hast learned, and which have been committed to thee: knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And because from thy infancy thou hast known the holy scriptures, which can instruct thee to salvation, by the faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture, inspired of God, is profitable to teach, to reprove, to correct, to instruct in justice, 17 That the man of God may be perfect, furnished to every good work.

Combine that with the influence of what amounts to Christian Kabbalah and it's just a real poop sandwich which the "emergent church" crowd is happily eating.
There just hasn't been much in the way of serious catechesis in the Catholic world for decades now so when some Protestants come at you on a sidewalk somewhere and engage you in a conversation about the Bible you can't answer some get duped. In my own experience it is Protestants that are more serious about trying to "save" you than Catholics. One other thing I have noticed is that there is very little seriousness regarding dogmas and doctrines in many mainstraem Catholic circles today, and yet the history of the Church for centuries has been one long struggle over the purity of various doctrines and dogmas wherein people were willing to die rather than deny them. This of course falls under the penumbra of catechesis since, well, if you don't know what the Catholic Church teaches on dogmas and doctrines and why then people see no reason not to be Protestant when they have friends that invite them to Protestant services and they end up feeling good there. It's confusion all around. Certainly had I simply been to the Novus Ordo and learned nothing outside of what I was taught in RCIA i too would probably see no problem with people being well, whatever they want to be whether that is Buddhist, Hindu, Episcopalian, Lutheran or whatever. In fact one of the RCIA directors said that he thought it was awesome that the local Episcopalian church had a women "presider" and even said she gave an amazing sermon. These directors were largely all Catholics who has been catechized in the 70's through the 90's.  As an aside I think this lack of clarity and seriousness in Catholic circles is why some turn to the Orthodox Churches, because on the surface they really do seem to care about what was set out in the first seven ecumenical Councils and try not to change things too much while the Catholic Church has, quite frankly, begun to interpret everything through the prism of Vatican II while seemingly ignoring that anything at all happened in the Church before 1965.

Most people just don't really know what the Catholic Church teaches other than what they get at the Protestantized Novus Ordo liturgy and the various ecumenical themed CCD programs and events in the average diocese.
My understnding is this: if you want this to go away, shut up and stop discussing crap. Bring back  the TLM every where and end ths madness. it's that simple end the NO everywhere, period !!!

tim
(06-26-2012, 08:55 PM)Tim Wrote: My understnding is this: if you want this to go away, shut up and stop discussing crap. Bring back  the TLM every where and end ths madness. it's that simple end the NO everywhere, period !!!

tim

:amen: :w2go: :clap: :chleader:
I just don't see how "just the Latin Mass" will fix all that ails the Catholic Church. It goes much, much deeper... Vatican II and all its baggage must be dumped.
OldMan I think the TLM can help improve the situation regarding the softening of theology that happened with VII and the NO Mass. Lex Orandi Lex Credendi, the way we pray shapes our beliefs, the form of the TLM brings a completely different interior disposition compared to the NO Mass so I think the widespread reinstitution of the TLM would bring about a dramatic improvement in the way Catholics believe and are faithful to genuine teaching. I think it would make attendees and churchmen who practise it more militant compared to the emasculated and sterile NO.

You are right Tim and I think I used that word after sung Mass on Sunday to a fellow parishioner in regard to what churchmen have done - absolute Madness.
(06-26-2012, 09:34 PM)OldMan Wrote: I just don't see how "just the Latin Mass" will fix all that ails the Catholic Church. It goes much, much deeper... Vatican II and all its baggage must be dumped.

Amen brotha
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.